I hear this all the time from my friends: “I’m not going to put in effort to deck this place out if I’m just renting.” And that, my friends, is an attitude we must fix immediately! A home, whether it be a rental or not, MUST be a haven, a place for you to really love, and a place for you to make your own. I’m not saying redo the floors and paint every wall (although I have painted Tiffany blue walls in a rental before), but I am saying you are allowed to take pride in your place and make it you with small little fixings.
Here are my suggestions: if you’re renting and reluctant on making a big deal of your place, why not invest things that you can take with you?
- Make your bed the star with incredible bedding!
- Give your non-permanent couch some pillows that pop!
- Invest in art that you LOVE!
- Cover up ugly floors with awesome rugs!
- Make plants your new best friend (seriously, trust us!)
All these things you can take with you and re-purpose when you find your new permanent establishment.
Still skeptical? Check it out, this bedroom, is a rental…